Joyee

Joyee
childrens book

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Illustration Friday :SKY





Here is my Illustration Friday for Theme Sky.It is an oil painting I did last year.As it was a festive week in India ,I couldnt  make out time for a new illustration for sky.Anyway hope this will make you smile.

I am also sharing some of my pics from the Durga festival here.
Durga Puja - the ceremonial worship of the mother goddess, is one of the most important festivals of India. Apart from being a religious festival for the Hindus, it is also an occasion for reunion and rejuvenation, and a celebration of traditional culture and customs. While the rituals entails ten days of fast, feast and worship, the last four days - Saptami, Ashtami, Navami and Dashami - are celebrated with much gaiety and grandeur in India and abroad, especially in Bengal, where the ten-armed goddess riding the lion is worshipped with great passion and devotion.






10 comments:

  1. Hi, Joyeeta, beautiful painting!!!!
    congratulations!!!
    And beautiful photos!!!!!!!!!!!
    PS I sent to you a mail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roberto..I do look forward to hear from you and it's a pleasure going through your artwork!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and sweet! I love the dresses and flowers, and great sky! The festival sounds very involved and exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy for taking the time to stop by! I appreciate that!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous photos and a beautiful painting! It's lovely to see the amazing images of the festival...thank you for sharing the tradition's meaning as it's fascinating to hear about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley for stopping by and the likes and kind words!

      Delete
  4. Hermoso trabajo, una escena maravillosa llena de flores y un cielo encantador. Sigo su trabajo con mucho interés.
    Gracias por sus palabras.
    Un saludo cordial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translated : Beautiful work, a wonderful scene full of flowers and a lovely sky. I follow your work with great interest. Thanks

      Thanks Ruben for your kind comments! I am really awe at your amazing artwork!

      Delete